Becoming a San Francisco Health Plan Provider
Most of our providers are part of our medical group network. If you are interested in becoming a San Francisco Health Plan provider, either independently or as part of a medical group, or for more information on the role of our providers in the care of San Francisco Health Plan members, email Provider Relations at Provider Relations or call (415) 547-7818 ext. 7084. If you are a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or any other behavioral health provider interested in serving San Francisco Health Plan patients please contact San Francisco Behavioral Health Services Provider Relations at (415) 255-3706.
San Francisco Health Plan providers are the overall coordinators of care for our members. Responsibilities of our providers include:
- Assuring reasonable access and availability to primary care services
- Providing all preventive care and CHDP/EPSDT required services
- Providing access to urgent care
- Providing 24-hour coverage for advice and referral to care
- Making appropriate referrals for specialty care
- Providing coordination and continuity of care after emergency care, out-patient, in-patient, and tertiary care referrals
- Communicating authorization decisions to the member
- Assisting the member in making appointments or other arrangements for specialty care or procedures
- Tracking and following up on referrals that are made.
Our primary care providers must have hospital admitting privileges with a network hospital. If a member is hospitalized emergently at a non-network hospital, the PCP arranges transfer to a network hospital once the member is medically stable.