San Francisco Health Plan Formulary
Our drug formulary is a list of drugs that have been approved by our Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee for our members.
- Drugs listed in the formulary must be tried and failed before SFHP can approve a non-formulary drug
- Generic medications must be prescribed when a generic is available
- Limits may apply to formulary agents. Some examples of limits include member age, amount of medicine, and dosage form (tablet, liquid, capsule, cream).
If you would like a hard copy of the SFHP Formulary, please call (415) 547-7800
Full formularies for San Francisco Health Plan, San Francisco General Hospital, and San Francisco Community Behavioral Health Services are available through Epocrates free of charge.
Epocrates RX - Enables formulary downloads to your handheld Palm OS PDA or Pocket PC.
Epocrates Online - Allows formulary access from any internet-connected computer. Benefits include:
View Epocrates information on a full-size computer screen
- Quickly access all the health insurance formularies in which your patients participate
- Print or email Epocrates content
- Provide your colleagues/staff with desktop access to Epocrates drug safety information
Register now at: http://www.epocrates.com/products/
!! A SPECIAL ALERT ABOUT MEDI-CAL FORMULARIES IN SAN FRANCISCO !!
Each of the three types of Medi-Cal in San Francisco County has a different drug formulary. Please remember to check the type of Medi-Cal your patient has before prescribing medication. Click on the icons below to link to the formularies.
|Type of Medi-Cal||
Where to find the formulary
|San Francisco Health Plan Medi-Cal|
|Blue Cross Medi-Cal|
|Fee-for-service (regular) Medi-Cal|