Quality and Performance Improvement at SFHP
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) designs and manages many programs that focus on improving the health of our members and their experience of care.
• Provide universal coverage
• High quality care and access to care
• Exemplary Service
• Financial viability for the plan and the safety net
SFHP is committed to working with providers to meet these goals. We have many initiatives in place to support patient-centered, high-quality care:
- Strength in Numbers: supporting panel management and data-driven care in safety net clinics, through technical assistance and incentives.
- Practice Improvement Program: supporting improvement in patient experience, healthcare systems, data quality and clinical quality through incentives to medical groups and clinics
- SFHP HEDIS Interventions: this white paper is a high-level summary of all the interventions that support our high HEDIS scores, through 2010, and includes information about our member incentives.
- Patient Experience Pilots: SFHP ran two clinic collaboratives, which successfully improved access (significantly decreasing delays for appointments at participating clinics) and improved patient satisfaction scores. The collaboratives combined expert consultation and teaching through off-site learning, customized clinic coaching, and modest incentives.
- Patient Navigator Program: this year-long program placed a lay navigator in a local emergency room, and was successful in connecting emergency room users to primary care clinics with a low no-show rate.
- Health Navigator Pilot: this program aims to decrease avoidable ER use through coaching calls after recent ER visits, and the use of the book “What to do When Your Child is Sick.”
Please see the links below for more information about our programs. If you have any questions about our Quality Improvement Program, please e-mail Health Improvement or call 1-800-288-5555.