Resources for Improving The Patient Experience
Improving Access to Appointments
- Murray, M. JAMA, February 26, 2003 - Vol 289, No.8 "Advanced Access: Reducing Wait and Delays in Primary Care"
- Backlog reduction worksheet helps you quantify your backlog (how many people are waiting for appointments) to your third next available appointment.
- Southeast Health Center Phone Triage Script
- Six Things for Efficient Provider Visits
- Sample Huddle Script
Improving Communication between Providers and Patients, and Staff and Patients
- Institue for Healthcare Communication provides training programs and names of specific trainers on communication techniques for staff and providers.
- Placard with four icons to remind staff of four steps to improved patient interactions to help clinic staff.
- Silver Avenue Family Health Center Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Mission Neighborhood Health Center Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Family Health Center at SFGH Sample Agenda Setting Form
- Discharge summary - A sample from a clinic used to summarize the patient visit and describe next steps.
- Institute for Patient and Family-Centered Care